Sunday, 2 September 2012
We have been experiencing the joy's of baking here at 'What's cooking?' and my girlfriend Ali decided to have a blast at these French beauties, the results were tres delicieux!
1 Large egg
50g Caster sugar
1 Tsp vanilla extract
50g Plain flour, sifted
Icing sugar, sifted to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 190C.
2. Gently melt the butter over a low-medium heat in a small saucepan, using a pastry brush, grease a Madeleine tin with some of the butter and set the rest aside.
3. Beat the egg together with the caster sugar and vanilla extract with an electric whisk until the mixture turns pale. Sift the flour into the mixture and fold in with a large wooden or metal spoon until fully incorporated.
4. Pour in the melted butter around the edge of the batter and fold in gently. Spoon the mixture into the Madeleine moulds and bake for 8-10 minutes until risen and pale golden brown in appearance. Leave to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes, remove and then place on a wire rack to cool.
5. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy!